Professionally I work in design and if there is one thing I have learned over the years, is that what looks good and how long it takes to make isn’t always associated.
This statue is a good example, this is super super easy to make.
I used the following items:
- Winner Trophy from Tiger
- Marble spray from Panduro
- White Primer. I used Army Painters, but any will do.
- Homemade muddy wash (I used a mix of black, brown, green cheap acrylics and water. You could use something like Agrax Earthshade too)
- Flesh colours for chest details (makes sense when you see the photos)
- Blood for the Blood God from Games Workshop
This is the trophy before I did anything to it.
Spray with white primer. Let dry and spray with marble effect.
You can actually stop here if you want to keep the statue neat and clean.
But if you want it aged and grimy, read on.
Wash with homemade wash or something like Agrax Earthshade. Let dry.
Add final details. In my case, I thought the wreath in his hands looked like he was ripping up his chest! Great detail for this statue as I want to use it in next year’s D&D campaign that will take place in hell.