This idea came from a desire of A) add an unfamiliar monster that would really make the players look twice B) bring in my own D&D character to the future world the party found themselves in at the time.
By chance I bought “Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft” which had the interesting “Brain in a Jar” undead creature. This was perfect for what I wanted to add to the game.
Given this is not a miniature I expect I will be using a lot, I decided to make one myself. The process was simple:
- Take a stick of glue for a glue gun, cut a piece and divide it in half.
- Drill, or cut, indents in the centre of each half.
- Fill with brain-coloured paint (I chose a bright pink and bit of Agrax Earth Shade)
- Heat up the inside of each half (it is glue after all!) and hold together. You can use the glue gun nozzle to heat each end as well.
- Paint bits of the glue stick as metal parts to give it more of a container look and you are done!
I am sure I could do a better one if I tried a couple of times, but I kinda like this first one so I will stick (no pun intended) with it!