The Hellbenders’ adventures (in chronological order)
The continuous story of three local swords-for-hires and their epic adventures.
A magical attack by the Underworld Empire of the Drow on the High King’s of Obanastre‘s castle “Dragonskeep”, has unforeseen consequences for our heroes, a little group of local of swords-for-hire.
They are magically transported deep down in the Underworld and must find their way back. In their journey back, they discover the Drow’s military plans and must hurry back to the surface to report the imminent attack.
The campaign concludes with the Battle for Dragonskeep, where the High King’s forces are victorious.
- Chapter 1: What just happened?
- Chapter 2: Exploring the Underdark
- Chapter 3: Mushroom. People.
- Chapter 4: Smart Choices
- Chapter 5: A Deal with a Dragon
- Chapter 6: The Upside Down Tower of Time
- Chapter 7: A Giant Argument
- Chapter 8 : The first thing to die in battle is the plan
- Chapter 9 : Battle of Dragonskeep
Following the Battle for Dragonskeep, the keep is under attack of combined forces of Necromancers (using the recently dead soldiers from the war) and Demons.
All seems lost when our heroes are visited by James Brimstone, who claims to be a messenger from an Angel trapped in the the 4th layer of Hell; Phlegethos, who will be willing to help if freed.
A journey through hell commences that reveals a tragic starcrossed-lovers tale, that our heroes gets entangled in earning them the name “Hellbenders”… partly due to participating in a rave party in The Pleasure Dome in Abriymoch, the capital of Phlegethos 4th layer of Hell.
- Chapter 1 : Demon Chickens
- Chapter 2: We are Sailing…
- Chapter 3: The Night Diligence
- Chapter 4: The Battery Exchange
- Chapter 5: Clubbing at the Pleasure Dome
- Chapter 6: Gateway to Heaven
- Chapter 7: Broken Hearts in Heaven
- Chapter 8: Epilogue
Having been instrumental in saving Dragonskeep, not once but twice, our heroes are sorely disappointed in not receiving any rewards or even kind words.
As the Necromancer threat looms in the background, the High King asks them in secret to help, but given the disappointing treatment the party declines.
They leave Dragonskeep to hunt a pack of Trolls that razed Thorga’s home and have recently reappeared gathering in strength as they head for Mountainhold, a dwarven, mountain based community.