This one has been on the drawing board pretty much since I started sorting through my old LEGO bricks 3 months ago.
However, this laboratory and hang-out space for astronauts is now finished.
It’s been fun populating it with different activities in the lives of astronauts.
Now that it is finished, I do feel it looks quite boxy from the outside, but given it is placed in a corner on my shelves, you cannot really see the exterior. Nevertheless, I might change it to look more elaborate on the outside in the future.
For now it is done.
Below you will find:
- Photos of the finished station with close-ups.
- Close-up of the M-Tron arcade machine as I really like that one.
- WIP photos including 3D and hand-drawn sketches.
- Photos of my space displays.
- Photos of a couple of stations made by Sean Stewart inspired by my station. One classic and one Futuron inspired. How cool is that?
Close-ups of life in the station
Close-ups of the M-Tron arcade machine
The M-Tron series came after I grew up, but I have to say I really love the theme, but I don’t have the space for another LEGO landscape, so this arcade machine is my little tribute to the series.
Mixed WIP photos
I used BrickLink Studio for the first time to help me design this.
My original drawing.
My space shelves
Stations by Sean Stewart
I was completely blown away that somebody would get inspired by my station and Sean really expanded on the idea and made some absolutely cool stations.