I haven’t played Warhammer 40.000 or Warhammer Fantasy Battle for a long while, but I keep up with what’s happening at Games Workshop and when I saw the Adeptus Mechanicus Kastelan Robots, I really liked them. They remind me of the playstation game Fallout.
But I tend to buy only what I need so didn’t get them straight away. However, I got them recently for two reasons: 1 was to use them as Iron Golems in D&D and the other was to try out a painting technique I read about a while back using very thinned white layers to create a worn winter camo effect.
To be honest, I am not sure they will work as Iron Golems, but it was good fun to try out the worn camo paint technique.
- Prime black
- Drybrush dark metal
- Drybrush medium-light metal
- Ink with rust and Nuln Oil
- Drybrush with metals again
- Paint thinned white on main surfaces but not all the way out to the edge, I think I did 5-6 layers on top of each other.
- Finally I gave it a drybrush of metal art the end.